TERMS & CONDITIONS
By using our website and/or placing any order(s), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should not access our website or place orders.
These terms relate to sales over the Internet, in person and over the phone with Penderyn Antiques.
The contract made by you online with us incorporates these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any terms and conditions proposed by you.
You should not proceed with your purchase until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- Handmade products: Products may slightly differ from those advertised in colour and/or finish.
- Some of our unique handmade items are made from reclaimed wood, and no piece is ever the same; therefore, appearances can vary.
- We design and sell rustic products with varying degrees of distressing from piece to piece; this may involve wood splits, wood filling, knots, purpose distress/scratch marks, antiquing etc. Certain degrees of filler will be used on our furniture; this is common and very much part of the manufacturing process.
- Restored products: Products may slightly differ from those advertised in colour to photographs. However, we do strive to ensure photos are as true to form as possible.
- Products are listed in antique condition, and minor signs of age may be present. You should read photos and product descriptions in detail to ensure you are happy with the quality of a product before purchasing.
- We will not accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by you as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by you, or minor alterations made by us.
- All dimensions specified by us are approximate. Please phone or email ahead if a small change in size may deem the item unusable.
- Alterations: If alterations are made to products for the customer, where requested alterations have been carried out, customers are not eligible for order cancellation or item refunds.
- We will not be bound to honour any prices where we have indicated to you that the prices displayed have been displayed in error. In these cases, we will offer a full refund.
- You must pay by credit, debit card or PayPal at the time of order. The price of any product is the price in force at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details you provide to us to purchase products offered by us on our website will be correct; that the credit charge or debit card you use is your own, and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any products. We reserve the right to validate your credit charge or debit card details before accepting your order.
- Any eligible discounts cannot be applied once an order has been placed.
- Payment will be taken in full at the time of the order. We can not accommodate partial payment to reserve an item.
- Your order is only confirmed once payment has been made.
- We reserve the right to refuse, cancel and refund any order placed at any time.
- Delivery can take up to 15 working days, and communication from the courier can take approximately 10 days. This can sometimes take slightly longer for Scotland; however, we always aim to get in touch and deliver as soon as possible. Please contact us if you wish to have a delivery estimate before purchasing.
- The courier service is to the external doorstep, and the courier will usually deliver on their own, so you will need to arrange for someone to help your end. If you require extra assistance, please contact us in advance to see if we can accommodate your needs.
- Orders totalling less than 1 metre cubed (also in the delivery section) may be dispatched by post or courier.
- For large/multiple/courier shipped items, you agree for us to pass on your contact and delivery details for our couriers to arrange a suitable time and date for your delivery that also suits the carriers pre-allocated delivery route.
- For all orders – any changes made to the content of your order will have an impact on your delivery date. Therefore, we may be unable to deliver your goods on your confirmed delivery date should change occur, and if so, a new delivery date will be given. In some cases, a change in the delivery date will incur an administration fee of £15.
- You are responsible for providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If the carrier’s delivery staff consider that access is unsafe, we will not deliver the goods until safe access is provided. If we cannot deliver the goods due to there being no safe means of access, we reserve the right to cancel your order and refund the payments subject to our refund policy.
- If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your courier delivered goods on the confirmed delivery date arranged, you must inform us at least two working days in advance so that another date can be booked. Our carriers may charge an administration fee of £15. If, through no fault of their own, our couriers cannot gain access or establish contact on the date agreed, return charges will apply.
- For deliveries using our parcel carrier service, if you do not contact the carrier within the specified time on the attempted delivery card through your letterbox, the item will be returned to us. In this instance, return charges will apply and will also be applicable immediately after the items have left our warehouse.
- In the rare instance that goods are damaged in transit, our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, replacement or refund of the goods or the value thereof. If items are received damaged, please contact us immediately and we will rectify the problems as soon as possible. Please do not ask our carriers to arrange exchanges directly as information is not always relayed to us correctly. If an individual driver from our carriers tells you that they will report and take care of this, please ignore this and be sure to email or call us directly. Please report damages within 24 hours of delivery with proof of the damage from a photograph to facilitate allowance, exchange or refund of the item.
- The time of delivery is not of the essence in these terms and conditions. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable delay or delay due to unforeseen circumstances outside of the reasonable control of Penderyn Antiques or any reasonable rescheduling of delivery.
- If you choose to have your goods delivered through your own third party carrier, we will not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage to your goods, and the forwarding delivery is at the risk of the customer.
- If the customer decides to cancel their order after we have dispatched for delivery, but have been unable to deliver due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (including but not limited to adverse weather conditions, floods or acts of god), the return delivery charge of £60 will be with the customer.
Returns, refunds and your right to cancel
- Due to our stock’s nature being antique and second-hand items, all items are sold as seen. The customer is liable for a £60 return delivery cost which will be deducted from the total refund, unless the item is damaged or faulty. In this instance, you must make contact within 24 hours. Please see our Returns Policy for further details.
- Our products have detailed condition reports with extensive photographs to assist with your purchase. If you require further information on an item, please contact us.
- Refund requests based on delivery damage must be reported within 24 hours of delivery. With the nature of antique products, the condition is used, and items will not be eligible for return where dimensions and descriptions were accurate but don’t fit the customers’ requirements.
- Please do not return items without prior authorisation. The returns authorisation is valid for up to 14 days only from delivery. Goods sent back without prior returns authorisation will be returned to you, and the cost of delivery charged to your account.
- Subject to your statutory rights, products made or altered specifically for you may not be returned, nor will we provide any refund unless they are defective or damaged in transit.
- Please note on rare occasions, due to extreme climate changes in shipping, you may find slight swelling on doors or drawers, thus making them stiff to open. It is important not to return or refuse the item if this is the case. Usually, this will rectify itself in a matter of 7 days once the timbers adjust to their new environment and heating conditions; you may also find that simply swapping the drawers will remedy this. However, on rare occasions, the timber movement may not settle, and you may need to sand or shave a small amount from a drawer or door, if so please shave from the bottom of the drawer front or the side of the door as this will not be noticeable with regards to the look of the furniture. A simple touch of furniture wax will then protect any adjustments made. Please could we ask you to bear in mind that you are purchasing natural timber products where slight timber movement in shipping is a slim possibility. Therefore stiff drawers or doors will not be deemed as faulty or defective. This means you are purchasing our furniture on the understanding that any necessary simple adjustments would need to be undertaken by the customer at the customer’s expense.
- If we deliver incorrect or damaged goods, please contact us within 24 hours. If you discover any defect in the goods for which you require compensation or other remedies, you must report the defect within 14 days of the date you receive them to be eligible for a refund. Please keep the products purchased in a saleable condition and retain the original packaging in the condition we provided it. Should it be deemed impractical to offer a replacement, redelivery or re-selection of any damaged or faulty items, we reserve the right to offer an allowance against a repair or a refund for your purchase.
- We will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from repairs attempted by you or third parties.
- Guarantees and claims under guarantee: We guarantee all products against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials for 12 months from the actual date of delivery. In all cases, we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify any logged faults.
- These guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear and natural characteristics of wooden products, including movement in wooden products; neglect; abuse or misuse of your goods in failing to follow correct care procedures including the oiling and waxing of furniture; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, water, lightning, sunlight, weather, rusting, corrosion, theft or explosion; accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- On rare occasions, due to extreme climate changes in shipping, you may find slight swelling on doors or drawers, thus making them stiff to open. It is important not to return or refuse the item if this is the case. Usually, this problem will rectify itself in a matter of days once the timbers adjust to their new environment. Alternatively, you may find that merely swapping drawers will remedy this. On rare occasions, the movement may not settle, and you may need to sand or shave a small amount from a drawer or door. Please shave from the bottom of the drawer front or the side of a door as this will not be noticeable regarding the look of the furniture. A simple touch of furniture wax will then protect the adjustment made. Please could we ask you to bear in mind that you are purchasing these natural products with slight timber movements a rare possibility. Therefore stiff drawers or doors will not be deemed defective or faulty, and any necessary simple adjustments needed would need to be undertaken by the customer.
- We will arrange to repair or replace a defective or incorrect item free of charge. Should a replacement no longer be available or circumstances determined by the seller make a replacement impractical, we may replace it with a part that most closely matches it. Alternatively, at the seller’s discretion, an allowance may be made for customers to arrange a local repair.
- We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged or wrongly delivered products over and above the value of the goods themselves. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Site contents and disclaimers: Every effort is made to ensure our website’s complete accuracy; however, some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time, and errors may occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors as swiftly as possible, but we cannot be responsible for any losses incurred.
- To the maximum extent permissible by law, we exclude all warranties, express or implied as to the accuracy of the information in any of the materials on this website. We cannot accept liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use of or reliance placed upon the information contained on this website.
- GDPR and data protection: We process your personal data per the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- Caring for your furniture: Quality wood furniture is an investment that can easily last a lifetime and beyond with the right care. It’s surprisingly easy to look after, and a small amount of care will extend your furniture’s life considerably.
- Do blot up spills immediately with a soft and slightly damp cloth. Use coasters and tablecloths during use.
- Please ensure you do not place items in areas that receive direct sunlight or directly next to heating or air conditioning vents. Do not use household cleaning products, solvents or cleaners intended for materials other than wood furniture.
- Penderyn Antiques Gift Cards can be redeemed online at www.penderynantiques.co.uk and can be used as full or part payment. Please note that the Gift Cards cannot be redeemed on any other websites (not redeemable through third-party sellers).
2. Gift Cards are valid for 12 months after the date they are received. Penderyn Antiques will not be responsible for money not redeemed before this point.
3. The Gift Card cannot be exchanged or redeemed in whole or part for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card.
4. Promotional discount codes cannot be used against Gift Card purchases. This includes newsletter sign up promotions, as well as all other promotions unless stated otherwise.
5. We reserve the right to amend or supplement these conditions or discontinue the Gift Card at any time. This does not affect your legal rights.
Payment is required upon ordering, and items cannot be reserved with a partial payment.
We use PayPal and Stripe to accept payments on the Penderyn Antiques website, over the phone and in the showroom. We accept Visa and MasterCard in-store and online via PayPal and Stripe.
You do not need a PayPal or Stripe account to purchase goods using PayPal or Stripe. You will be required to securely enter your card details online and recite them over the phone, and you can use our chip and pin device in the showroom to pay, which also offers payment via Apple Pay and Google Pay.
We take customer data security extremely seriously, and all payments are handled securely and confidentially, using the highly accredited PayPal and Stripe platforms. You can find further details about PayPal’s security by clicking here and Stripe’s security by clicking here.