TERMS & CONDITIONS
By using our website and/or placing any order(s), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions then you should not access our website or place orders.
These terms relate to sales over the Internet, in person and over the phone with Penderyn Antiques.
The contract made by you online with us incorporates these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any and all terms and conditions proposed by you.
You should not proceed with your purchase until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- Handmade products
- Products may slightly differ from those advertised in colour and/or finish.
- Some of our unique handmade items are made from reclaimed wood and no piece is ever the same and appearances can vary.
- We design and sell rustic products with varying degrees of distressing from piece to piece; this may involve wood splits, wood filling, knots, purpose distress/scratch marks, antiquing etc. Certain degrees of filler will be used on our furniture; this is common and very much part of the manufacturing process.
- Restored products
- Products may slightly differ from those advertised in colour to photographs, however, we do strive to ensure photos are as true to form as possible.
- Products are listed in antique condition and minor signs of age may be present. Photos and product descriptions should be read in detail to ensure you are happy with the quality of a product before purchasing.
- Handmade products
- We will not accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by you as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by you, or minor alterations made by us.
- All dimensions specified by us are approximate. Please phone or email ahead if a small change in size may deem the item unusable.
- If alterations are made to products for the customer, where requested alterations have been carried out, customers are not eligible for order cancellation or item refunds.
- We will not be bound to honour any prices, where we have indicated to you that the prices displayed have been displayed in error. In these cases a full refund will be offered.
- You must pay by credit, debit card or PayPal at the time of order. The price of any product is the price in force at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing products which may be offered by us on our website will be correct; that the credit charge or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any products. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit charge or debit card details before accepting your order.
- Any eligible discounts cannot be applied once an order has been placed.
- Payment will be taken in full at the time of the order. Partial payment to reserve an item can not be accommodate.
- Your order is only confirmed once payment has been made.
- We reserve the right to refuse, cancel and refund any order place, at any time.
- Delivery can take up to 15 working days and communication from the courier can take approximately 10 days. This can sometimes take slightly longer for Scotland, however, we always aim to get in touch and deliver as soon as possible. Please contact us if you wish to have a delivery estimate before purchasing.
- The courier service is to the external doorstep, and the courier will usually deliver on their own so you will need to arrange for someone to help your end. If you require extra assistance, please contact us in advance to see if we can accommodate your needs.
- Orders totalling less than 1 metre cubed (also in delivery section) may be dispatched by post or courier.
- For large/multiple/courier shipped items, you agree for us to pass on your contact and delivery details for our couriers to arrange a suitable time and date for your delivery that also suits the carriers pre-allocated delivery route.
- For all orders – any changes made to the content of your order will have an impact on your delivery date. We may therefore be unable to deliver your goods on your confirmed delivery date should changes occur and if so, a new delivery date will be given. In some cases a change in delivery date will incur an administration fee of £15.
- You are responsible for providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If the carrier’s delivery staff consider that access is unsafe then we will not deliver the goods until safe access is provided. If we are unable to deliver the goods due to there being no safe means of access, we reserve the right to cancel your order and refund the payments subject to our refund policy.
- If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your courier delivered goods on the confirmed delivery date arranged, you must inform us at least two working days in advance so that another date can be booked. An administration fee of £15 may be charged by our carriers. If, through no fault of their own, our carriers cannot gain access or establish contact on the date agreed, return charges will apply.
- For deliveries using our parcel carrier service, if you do not contact the carrier within the specified time on the attempted delivery card through your letterbox, the item will be returned to us. In this instance return charges will apply and will also be applicable immediately after the items have left our warehouse.
- In the rare instance that goods are damaged in transit, our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, replacement or refund of the goods or the value thereof. If items are received damaged please contact us immediately and we will rectify the problems as soon as possible. Please do not ask our carriers to arrange exchanges directly as information is not always relayed back to us correctly. If an individual driver from our carriers tells you that they will report and take care of this please ignore this and be sure to email or call us directly. Please report damages within 24 hours of delivery with proof of the damage from a photograph in order to facilitate allowance, exchange or refund of the item.
- Time of delivery is not of the essence in these terms and conditions. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable delay or delay due to unforeseen circumstances outside of the reasonable control of Penderyn Antiques or any reasonable rescheduling of delivery.
- In the event that you choose to have your goods delivered through your own third party carrier, we will not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage to your goods and the forwarding delivery is at the risk of the customer.
- If the customer decides to cancel their order after we have dispatched for delivery, but have been unable to due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (including but not limited to, adverse weather conditions, floods or acts of god), the return delivery charge will be with the customer.
Returns, refunds and your right to cancel
- Due to the nature of our stock being antique and second hand items, all items are sold as seen.The customer is liable for the outbound and return delivery costs which will be deducted from the total refund, unless the item is damaged or faulty. In this instance, contact must be made within 24 hours. Please see our Returns Policy for further details.
- Our products have detailed condition reports with extensive photographs to assist with your purchase. If you require further information on an item, please contact us.
- Refund requests based on delivery damage must be reported within 24 hours of delivery. With the nature of antique products, the condition is used and items will not be eligible for return where dimensions and descriptions were accurate but don’t fit the customers requirements.
- Please do not return items without prior authorisation. The returns authorisation is valid for up to 14 days only from delivery. Goods sent back without prior returns authorisation will be returned back to you and the cost of delivery charged to your account.
- Subject to your statutory rights, products made or altered specifically for you, may not be returned nor will we provide any refund, unless they are defective or have been damaged in transit.
- Please note on rare occasions due to extreme climate changes in shipping you may find slight swelling on doors or drawers thus making them stiff to open, it is important not to return or refuse the item if this is the case. Usually this will rectify itself in a matter of 7 days once the timbers adjust to their new environment and heating conditions, you may also find that simply swapping the drawers will remedy this. However on rare occasions the timber movement may not settle and you may need to sand or shave a small amount from a drawer or door, if so please shave from the bottom of the drawer front or from the side of the door as this will not be noticeable with regards to the look of the furniture. A simple touch of furniture wax will then protect any adjustments made. Please could we ask you to bear in mind that you are purchasing natural timber products where slight timber movement in shipping is a slim possibility. Therefore stiff drawers or doors will not be deemed as faulty or defective. This means you are purchasing our furniture on the understanding that any necessary simple adjustments would need to be undertaken by the customer at the customer’s expense.
- If we deliver incorrect or damaged goods, please contact us within 24 hours. In the event that you discover any defect in the goods for which you require compensation or other remedy, you must report the defect within 14 days of the date you receive them to be eligible for a refund. Please keep the products purchased in a saleable condition and retain the original packaging in the condition it was provided. Should it be deemed impractical to offer a replacement, redelivery or re-selection of any damaged or faulty items we reserve the right to offer an allowance against a repair, or alternatively a refund for your purchase.
- We will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from repairs attempted by you or third parties.
- Guarantees and claims under guarantee
- We guarantee all products against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials for a period of 12 months from the actual date of delivery, in all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify any logged faults.
- These guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear and natural characteristics of wooden products including movement in wooden products; neglect; abuse or misuse of your goods in failing to follow correct care procedures including the oiling and waxing of furniture; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, water, lightning, sunlight, weather, rusting, corrosion, theft or explosion; accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- On rare occasions due to extreme climate changes in shipping you may find slight swelling on doors or drawers thus making them stiff to open, it is important not to return or refuse the item if this is the case. Usually this problem will rectify itself in a matter of days once the timbers adjust to their new environment, alternatively you may find simply swapping drawers will remedy this. On rare occasions the movement may not settle and you may need to sand or shave a small amount from a drawer or door, please shave from the bottom of the drawer front or the side of a door as this will not be noticeable with regards to the look of the furniture. A simple touch of furniture wax will then protect the adjustment made. Please could we ask you to bear in mind that you are purchasing these natural products with slight timber movements a rare possibility. Therefore stiff drawers or doors will not be deemed as defective or faulty and any necessary simple adjustments needed would need to be undertaken by the customer.
- We will arrange to repair or replace a defective or incorrect item free of charge. Should a replacement no longer be available or circumstances determined by the seller make a replacement impractical, it may be replaced with a part that most closely matches it. Alternatively at the discretion of the seller an allowance may be made for customers to arrange a local repair.
- We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged or wrongly delivered products over and above the value of the goods themselves. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Site contents and disclaimers
- Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our website, however some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible but we cannot be responsible for any losses incurred.
- To the maximum extent permissible by law, we exclude all warranties, express or implied as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. We cannot accept liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use of or reliance placed upon the information contained on this website.
- GDPR and data protection
- We process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and therefore the Data Protection Act 2018.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- Caring for your furniture
- Quality wood furniture is an investment that can easily last a lifetime and beyond with the right care. It’s surprisingly easy to look after and a small amount of care will extend your furniture’s life considerably.
- Do blot up spills immediately with a soft and slightly damp cloth. Use coasters and tablecloths during use.
- Please ensure you do not place items in areas which receive direct sunlight, or directly next to heating or air conditioning vents. Do not use household cleaning products, solvents or cleaners intended for materials other than wood furniture.
Payment including delivery charges are required upon ordering and items cannot be reserved with partial payment.
We use PayPal to accept payments on the Penderyn Antiques website, over the phone and in the showroom. We accept Visa and MasterCard (add AMEX?) in store and online via PayPal.
You do not need a PayPal account to purchase goods using PayPal. You will be required to securely enter your card details online and recite them over the phone, and you can use our chip and pin device in the showroom to pay, which also offers payment via Apple Pay and Google Pay.
We take customer data security extremely seriously and all payments are taken securely and confidentially, using the highly accredited PayPal platform. Further details about PayPal’s security can be found by clicking here.
Your payment details are never stored on our Penderyn Antiques systems and are only used to directly take payment at the time of purchase. PayPal’s privacy statement can be found by clicking here.